Mares Hurdle Stats
- Apart from Quevega , winners Vroum Vroum Mag, Apples Jade and Glens Melody were also placed in different years.
- 30 out of the last 33 win and placed had won over at least 2 and 1/2 miles
- No winner of this began their career on the Flat in GB or Ireland
- Apples Jade only winner to do Hattons Grace double in same season.
- Vroom Vroom Mag and Quevega ’10-’14 had at least 6lb in hand on handicap ratings
- Willie Mullins has trained nine of the last 11 winners (and Benie Des Dieux).
- No headgear wearers placed in the last 11.
- Last 12 winners all came from the front four in the market. But none of the last three favourites have won.
Mares Hurdle Form
- Stats on this would still feel a little bit silly. A page that hasn’t taken much updating over the years.
- Quevega won it a lot, Annie Power and Benie Des Dieux would have hacked home, Vroum Vroum Mag had a leisurely stretch in 2016 and in 2017 Apples Jade beat off Vroum Vroum and Limini.
- In 2018 Apples Jade surprisingly turned over by Benie Des Dieux.
- Winner and all placed horses previously won over at least 2 and a half miles.
- Irish trained will get placed as well.
- Winner not wearing headgear.
- Didn’t start career on UK and Ire Flat.
- Favourite is actually due to win.
- Check Quevega Hurdle Punchestown 20th Feb.
Given the stats I won’t bother giving positives and negatives about the field. It’s not a betting race and I think Benie will win – which I’m a bit sad about because I really do like Honeysuckle.
8/11 without the fav on Honeysuckle is ok if sticking it in a multi, as is 4/6 on Benie, again for multis only. But really not a race to have a bet in so I’ll skip.